shibboleth-dev - New example origin running

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

New example origin running

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: New example origin running
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 02:23:36 -0500

I've installed 0.8 alongside 0.7 on the "production" demo site. The usual
paths for the WAYF and sites.xml should work now for 0.8
targets. I've stripped all the origins out except the ones I know are running
0.8, but I'll add any back in as needed.

I used extkeytool to import the Verisign key into the HS, which worked great,
so it's got a legitimate key now.

For reference, I unpacked Walter's package into /opt/shibboleth-origin-0.8
and pointed the properties file in the webapp at files in
the conf folder in /opt for keys and arps, and that worked fine.

I changed the default ARP to release everything to make demos simpler.

I still have to put the new target on, but I did move the old target code to
/opt/shibboleth-old and updated all the scripts.

If we want, we could send out a note or document that you can run both
origins in the same container, if people want.