shibboleth-dev - regarding openldap's use of sleepycat/bdb

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

regarding openldap's use of sleepycat/bdb

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Steven Carmody <>
  • Cc: Shibboleth Design Team <>
  • Subject: regarding openldap's use of sleepycat/bdb
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:47:04 -0800 (PST)

We've had extended conversations about keeping gpl-clean if we include bdb
or some other gpl'd embedded database backend for long-lived session
support.

Curiously enough the servers/slapd/back-bdb files have as far as I can
tell no reference to sleepycat licensing or GPL or anything other than the
standard pointer to the apache-like openldap license and terms. I'll ask
Kurt about this when this WG session ends ...

- RL "Bob"