perfsonar-user - Re: Request for Translation Help

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: Request for Translation Help

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Aris Adamantiadis <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: Request for Translation Help
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 07:36:21 -0400

Hi Aris;

Hello,

I already wrote the mail through my iPhone but it seems it was not sent,
apologies if you receive this twice.
I can do some translation work for the French language. However, to be
useful, we would need dutch translation, which I cannot do myself.
Indeed, here in Belgium we have two national languages. Because of this,
it would also help if the language of the applet could be configured at
runtime (through a listbox) and not simply preconfigured (in which case
we'd finally prefer sticking with English).

Currently the language choice will be sent to the applet via the static html of the main NDT page, e.g. the operator would do something like this at configuration time:

<PARAM NAME="language" VALUE="fr">
<PARAM NAME="country" VALUE="FR">

The French properties file would then be loaded. Having a select box to pass the value to applet is probably possible, would your or BELNET be able to contribute something to do this? If not, your help in providing the translation would still be very appreciated.

Thanks;

-jason

Thanks,

Aris

Jason Zurawski a écrit :
Hi All;

The NDT project (http://www.internet2.edu/performance/ndt/) recently
received a generous contribution from Jon Hellen at Uninett to add
localization support (e.g. translations of status and error messages) to
the NDT Java applet. I am writing to see if there are any individuals
in the perfSONAR and NDT communities who would be interested in
contributing translations into other languages. As an example of what
we are asking, here is the US package:

http://code.google.com/p/ndt/source/browse/trunk/Applet/Tcpbw100_msgs_en_US.properties

And here is the translation into Norwegian:

http://code.google.com/p/ndt/source/browse/trunk/Applet/Tcpbw100_msgs_nb_NO.properties

If anyone feels they could contribute, please respond and denote what
language or country you would be able to add support for.

Thanks in advance;

-jason