perfsonar-user - Re: Request for Translation Help

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: Request for Translation Help

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Daniel Romero <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: Request for Translation Help
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 07:29:46 -0400

Hi Daniel;

Hi,

NIC Labs (www.niclabs.cl <http://www.niclabs.cl>) can help with spanish
translation. We already have a custom spanish version of the applet if
you are interested.

Thanks for your willingness to help. To make things 'plug and play' all we would need is a translation of the properties files below. If you have done this for the .java file already, it should be a matter of finding the messages and re-recording them in the new location.

Thanks;

-jason

Best Regards,
Daniel Romero P.
NICLabs

2010/4/8 Jason Zurawski
<
<mailto:>>

Hi All;

The NDT project (http://www.internet2.edu/performance/ndt/) recently
received a generous contribution from Jon Hellen at Uninett to add
localization support (e.g. translations of status and error
messages) to the NDT Java applet. I am writing to see if there are
any individuals in the perfSONAR and NDT communities who would be
interested in contributing translations into other languages. As an
example of what we are asking, here is the US package:

http://code.google.com/p/ndt/source/browse/trunk/Applet/Tcpbw100_msgs_en_US.properties

And here is the translation into Norwegian:

http://code.google.com/p/ndt/source/browse/trunk/Applet/Tcpbw100_msgs_nb_NO.properties

If anyone feels they could contribute, please respond and denote
what language or country you would be able to add support for.

Thanks in advance;

-jason