perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Request for Translation Help

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Request for Translation Help

  • From: Rich Carlson <>
  • To: Victor Saez <>
  • Cc: , perfsonar-user <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Request for Translation Help
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 20:47:18 -0400

Folks;

As Jason noted, the NDT applet has been modified in an effort to internationalize the messages. As I understand it, the key is that browsers know how to deal with multiple languages. To take advantage of this, all the messages the NDT Applet can send are now stored in a single language specific .properties file. This file uses a key=value pair to map language text to a key. The browser automatically pulls the language text from the specific .properties file when needed.

To extend this to other languages, all that is required is to grab a copy of one of the new .properties files. Use that to get the keys and update the text message. Then send the new .properties file back to this list (or specifically to Jason) and the NDT package will be updated.

Thanks to all for the broad support for this approach.

Regards;
Rich