grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval

  • From: Martin van Es <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:37:37 +0100

On Monday 16 February 2009 18:10:11 Chris Hyzer wrote:
> OK, I think some operations did this better than others, but you are right,
> getGroups was not doing a great job with subject attributes (in this case
> it was at least not listing which attribute names it was returning). I
> fixed this in the latest 1.4 branch, can you get the latest 1.4 branch and
> try again?

Well I will certainly give it a try, but things are starting a little to get
out of hand. Originally I was writing a Technology scope, remember ;)
Anyway, part of the assignment is building a proof-of-concept install and I
think this feature is important enough for a positive evaluation to go the
distance.

About the fixed bug: I noticed you used the internal Grouper source for
testing. Using the external (quickstart) source I don't even get the values.

I still have a question about the foreign attributes: what is it that makes
them 'tick'?
I understand from the documentation that any column returned translates to an
available attribute. So if I would use a (hypothetical) query 'select foo as
bar from test where id=?' I would automagically have an attribute 'bar'
available in my grouper queries? If this is true, which query is responsibale
for this magic? I see 3 in sources.xml for the example source: searchSubject,
searchSubjectByIdentifier and search.

Regards,
Martin