grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval

  • From: Martin van Es <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Martin van Es <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:10:45 +0100

Hi Chris,

On Thursday 12 February 2009 20:53:30 Chris Hyzer wrote:
> If you need more help, let me know what your subject source is (rdbms or
> ldap), and what exactly you want to cache and what you don't want to cache.

I don't have a specific source or plan, I'm just trying to get a clear image
of what Grouper can do and what it's limitations are... it's not that I want
or need caching, I just wanted to be prepared if it was cached. To make
things
more clear: I'm writing a "Technology Scouting" document for SURFnet
(Netherlands) to see if global group management in general and Grouper in
specific could earn a place in their service plan.

So, without any customization, out of the box, subject attributes could be
collected real-time and returned to the client at request from an LDAP source
e.g. so to speak? I'm trying to find the (thin) line where configuration ends
and hard-core customization (coding) starts and this is one of the things
that
came to my mind when thinking of applications.

Thx for all your patient answers.

Regards,
Martin