grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Martin van Es <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:53:30 -0500

Things with the subject API are under your control... :)
Basically it is all interfaces, and there are built-ins, but you can
customize.

So in your subjects.xml file, you specify the sources, and the
implementations of the subject api interfaces (probably defaults), and in
those you could return an object that does a lazy load on the getter of
certain attributes or whatever, or caches information, etc...

If you need more help, let me know what your subject source is (rdbms or
ldap), and what exactly you want to cache and what you don't want to cache.

I believe Gary has created a different source adapter which does more caching
(caches everything? I don't remember)...

Regards,
Chris