grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Martin van Es <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:14:45 -0500

> So, without any customization, out of the box, subject attributes could
> be
> collected real-time and returned to the client at request from an LDAP
> source
> e.g. so to speak? I'm trying to find the (thin) line where
> configuration ends
> and hard-core customization (coding) starts and this is one of the
> things that
> came to my mind when thinking of applications.

Correct. No problem at all. And just to keep in mind, that we are
continually adding to grouper, so things like this could be feature requests
and we could ship another variation of a subject adapter... in fact there is
currently another subject adapter in the works, and I will ponder whether
caching makes sense for it... probably does, though not exactly what you
describe... :)

Regards,