grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] finding subjects with privileges via WS

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] finding subjects with privileges via WS

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] finding subjects with privileges via WS
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:40:43 -0500

For get members with privileges in a group, you should be able to use
getMembers web service, and specify a group and a field of "admin", or
"read", or whatever.

For stems... I don't think that is implemented yet. I added it as a todo
here:

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+Web+Services

When do you need the stem privilege lookups, and does the getMembers work for
you for groups (you cant get multiple fields at once, need to request each)?

Btw, you can use hasMember to see if a user has a group privilege by
specifying field name (stem you cant, but I added a todo for that too :) ).