grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval

  • From: Martin van Es <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Subject external attributes retrieval
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:21:58 +0100

Hi Chris,

On Wednesday 18 February 2009 20:51:53 Chris Hyzer wrote:
> Can you send the full XML request and response? Or did you already send
> it?

I sent that with one of my last mails.

> Ive never seen the param1, param2, etc syntax. Is that an Axis Rest
> thing?

It's from the G-FIV-O php/wso2-php example page:
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/PHP+Clients+for+Grouper+Web+Service

> I think it would be better to explicitly name your params like in
> the samples...

Ok, so then maybe the above example page should be changed as well?

> in any case, I can put some debug info if you would like and we can narrow
> down why it doesn't work... are you interested?

I'll let you know if I really get stuck.

On Wednesday 18 February 2009 22:36:15 you wrote:
> One gray area I have is if you map a col to the description field of the
> Subject, then is that available by the label "description" in the web
> service? Right now the answer is no, so the easiest thing is to have a
> "description" col or alias returned, and just map that to the description
> field of Subject, and not worry about it...

Up to now it was starting to clear up, but this addition is _very_ confusing.
Right now I *am* testing with the description col, which is mentioned twice
in
the sources.xml: once as the value of Description_AttributeType and once
(actually 3 times) as the column name in the 3 search queries. Is supplying
it
in Description_AttributeType what you call "mapping"? Is returning a column
called description valid or not in this case?

Regards,
Martin