comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] trouble enrolling first CO member

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] trouble enrolling first CO member

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: Ray Plante <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] trouble enrolling first CO member
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 22:40:00 -0500

On 1/19/15 12:59 PM, Ray Plante wrote:

I seem to be having the same problem described in this thread:
https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/arc/comanage-users/2014-03/msg00000.html
That is, I can't seem to add my first member to my newly defined CO.
The thread nicely enumerates the steps for doing so
(https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/arc/comanage-users/2014-03/msg00002.html);
in particular, it says I can invite an existing organization identity
by selecting "My Population >> Invite". Unfortunately, this menu item
does not exist in my installation.

The notation in the thread and documentation is a little confusing. If you select the menu item People >> My Population, you will be taken to the list of CO People, and there will be a "(+) Invite" option in the sidebar.

Alternately, I just pushed a fix for CO-720 that fixes the menu when there are no enrollment flows, so you would see a People >> Invite option. (This is now available in the develop branch on github.)

BTW, this is also documented in the wiki at

https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/FIDPAg

I'm using version 0.9.1.

As a side note, we're planning to release 0.9.2 in the next few days. I'd recommend updating to 0.9.2 (or even just using develop, which is pretty close to what 0.9.2 will be) before adding any real data, as the upgrade from 0.9.1 to 0.9.2 is kind of annoying.

(We'll be simplifying the upgrade process in the future.)

In case it matters, I'll mention that I pooled the organizational resources.
> Thus, I was planning just to add the original admin (me) from the Comanage
> CO to my newly created CO (and make that person the admin for the new CO).

This should just work. If you plan on defining enrollment flows at some point, however, there is a bug that needs to be addressed that impacts the ability of enrollment flows to deal with pooled org identities.

Thanks,

-Benn-