wg-multicast - Re: The state of interdomain multicast - ?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: The state of interdomain multicast - ?

  • From: Leonard Giuliano <>
  • To: Marc Manthey <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: The state of interdomain multicast - ?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:59:08 -0800

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011, Marc Manthey wrote:

-)
-) hi Leonard , all
-)
-) very interesting links and information, i wasnt aware of AMT , seems like
-) you guys from juniper put a lot of effords into it.
-) So is Juniper hardware AMT enabled or is there any SOHO routers out there
-) with an implementation ?
-)

It's supported on MX-series:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.4/information-products/pathway-pages/config-guide-multicast/config-guide-multicast-amt.html

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me off-list and I'll be
happy to share.

-)
-) After some searching, i found this http://cs.utdallas.edu/amt/
-) implementation
-) is this the only available AMT implementation yet ? any opensource
-) afternatives
-) I think of something for DD-WRT or OpenWRT maybe ?
-)

I know there has been work done in a few places on AMT, but the UT guys
were by far the most public about their implementations. My personal
wishlist: AMT GW implementations for Windows, OS X and Android/iPhone.
If anyone knows of any of these, speak up. Alternatively, if anyone has
any bored grad students looking to write useful code for the community,
here's a great opportunity.

-) regards
-)
-) Marc
-)
-)
-) -- Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
-) Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
-) 50823 K?ln - Germany
-) Tel.:0049-221-29891489
-) Mobil:0049-1577-3329231
-) blog: http://let.de
-) project : http://opencu.org
-) twitter: http://twitter.com/macbroadcast/
-) facebook : http://opencu.tk
-)
-)
-) Opinions expressed may not even be mine by the time you read them, and
-) certainly don't reflect those of any other entity (legal or otherwise).
-)
-)