wg-multicast - Re: Another SAP Storm?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Another SAP Storm?

  • From: Chris Robb <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Another SAP Storm?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:15:40 -0400

All:

The recent SAP storm has been mitigated by blackholing the mroute on the I2 backbone. There should be no further traffic to that group coming from Internet2 vectors. If you have further issues, please open a ticket up with our NOC to get an engineer to investigate. Send an e- mail to or call 317-278-6622.

My thanks to Caren Litvanyi and Tom Johnson at the NOC for their work in implementing the block.

I would like to reiterate some of the discussion about disabline or rate limiting SAP traffic as a way to tackle this more locally. I'm interested to hear how the most recent discussion about downstream hosts joining the group will play out, too.

-Chris

Chris Robb, Manager of Operations
Internet2
Office: 812.855.8604