wg-multicast - Re: Another SAP Storm?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Another SAP Storm?

  • From: Chris Spears <>
  • To: Chris Robb <>
  • Cc: "Taylor, Scott J." <>,
  • Subject: Re: Another SAP Storm?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:03:17 -0400

Oddly, it never hit our control-plane filters (or the PFE was too busy to report it).

Anyone have a good way to mitigate the effects of this on JUNOS?

Chris

--

Chris Spears, OSCnet

Chris Robb wrote:
Hi folks:

Just a heads up that the Internet2 NOC is working to mitigate this storm by filtering the SAP announcements at all ingress points. We have several cases of networks that have torn down their peering with us because the storm is adversely affecting the performance of their border equipment.

-Chris