wg-multicast - RE: Another SAP Storm?

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: Another SAP Storm?

  • From: Caren Litvanyi <>
  • To:
  • Subject: RE: Another SAP Storm?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:33:16 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I have been busy passing around info how to turn off SAP listen on
Junipers and Ciscos, and have been pretty sure that will mitigate
all high CPU issues.
Our IU engineers replied that is not the case, that additionally if
someone routed off of a given router joins the SAP group, it also
sends their cpu sky-high.
Is anyone else experiencing the same high CPU effects even though
SAP listen is completely off on the router?
I don't see how this would be different than any other group.
Thanks,
Caren
Caren Litvanyi, network engineer
Internet2 NOC
Global Research NOC at Indiana University

o:812-961-3790 c:250-896-4369