wg-multicast - Re: Bogon Multicast Groups [NANOG: What were we saying about edge filtering]

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Bogon Multicast Groups [NANOG: What were we saying about edge filtering]

  • From: John Zwiebel <>
  • To: Bill Nickless <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Bogon Multicast Groups [NANOG: What were we saying about edge filtering]
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:56:19 -0700

On Thursday, September 4, 2003, at 11:45 AM, Bill Nickless wrote:

Having only spent about 20-30 seconds thinking about it, I'm not sure
whether it's possible to configure popular routers to black-hole traffic
destined for groups that are in a table populated by BGP. Maybe an
inspiration will strike later?

I'm sure its possible, but it seems to me you open up a
huge security hole.

So you really want to start a "security for automated
router configuration" working group huh?