shibboleth-dev - RE: Future of the WAYF discussion

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Future of the WAYF discussion

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Future of the WAYF discussion
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:11:01 -0400

> At this stage if one postulates a SAML_IDP cookie aware SP and possibly a
> mechanism to manage the SAML_IDP cookie (maybe a browser plugin?) then we
> should get to a situation when the user only sees the WAYF when they
> genuinely have to set about discovering a new Identity Service.

Except on shared machines. Quite a lot of people punt at this point, but if
we keep trying to solve the unsolvable, we won't get anywhere. The only way
to address shared machines is with the client.

One could imagine using browser plugins in conjunction with some kind of
roaming profile to pick up the cookie config, but this stretches the bounds
of what's typical.