shibboleth-dev - RE: Future of the WAYF discussion

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Future of the WAYF discussion

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, "'Tom Scavo'" <>
  • Subject: RE: Future of the WAYF discussion
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:19:34 -0400

> It has no semantics in Shibboleth, nor does the WAYF itself.

I should clarify...no semantics with respect the any of the architecture or
profiles, so nothing intended to be interoperable.

Anything a WAYF wants to do internally is fine, including using that cookie
format, which is a logical thing to do. And in fact the SP creates the same
cookie, my intention being that SPs that implement a discovery service
colocated with the SP's domain could read the cookie as Chad has described.

Within the various domains, an implementation can do what it likes, but
nothing is defined between domains at this point.