shibboleth-dev - Re: Future of the WAYF discussion

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Future of the WAYF discussion

  • From: "Spencer W. Thomas" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Future of the WAYF discussion
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:56:14 -0400

As an up-and-coming SP, I believe that there will come a time, probably in the not too distant future, that we will want to run our own WAYF. JSTOR has participants all over the world, and it is pretty clear to me that they're not going to all join InCommon. So we won't be able to have a single "authenticate by Shibboleth" link without running our own WAYF.

Now, supposing that all our 2500 participants join Shibboleth, how we're going to make that WAYF navigable is a really good question.

=Spencer

Chad La Joie wrote:

The Shibboleth development team recognizes that a clear direction on the existing WAYF code is needed, whether it's to discontinue development, continue development of a standalone WAYF component, or integrate the WAYF functionality into the SP.