shibboleth-dev - RE: TargetedID Durability

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: TargetedID Durability

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: TargetedID Durability
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:43:45 -0400

> Spencer, I think there is a better way to do this. First of all,
> you won't (I believe) get an ePTID since there is no need to identify
> a person beyond "member of the community". However, you will get a
> transaction ID (I assume - right?) and that can be sent back to the
> IdP for correlation with the IdP's logs.

First of all, he can certainly ask for ePTID, it was conceived for use by
applications like J-STOR. But that's beside the point, which is that your
concerns about IdPs keeping histories of them don't seem to be an issue
since there's complete transaction tracing possible without it.

You don't know anything more at the IdP by subbing in a persistent value
than you know today.