shibboleth-dev - RE: Shib 1.3 configuration

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Shib 1.3 configuration

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Tom Scavo'" <>, "'Nate Klingenstein'" <>
  • Cc: "'Shibboleth Development'" <>
  • Subject: RE: Shib 1.3 configuration
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 19:21:29 -0400

> Sure, that's fine. The only reason I chose example.com is that the
> example.* domains are reserved precisely for this purpose.
> Other than that, whatever domain you pick you're going to
> conflict with some real use of that domain either now or down
> the road (same problem as .sso).

That's exactly why I left them both as example.org. I think using anything
else is less explicitly an example, and I think using two different values
that are too close to tell apart is worse.

Can you explain what exactly a two subdomain test is for or why that would
be something anyone else thinks is useful in a dummy configuration that
isn't all that useful anyway?