shibboleth-dev - RE: target deploy guide, linux Q

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: target deploy guide, linux Q

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: RE: target deploy guide, linux Q
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:43:24 -0500

> >* Apache 1.3.26+
> >* OpenSSL 0.9.6+
> >* libcurl 7.9.8 -- Shibboleth requires the SSL-enabled version
> >of libcurl.
> >* libuuid 1.23
> >* libstdc++3-3.0.4-1.i386.rpm and libgcc-3.0.4-1.i386.rpm

I'm pretty sure none of that except for libuuid/e2fsprogs comes with 7.2
or 7.3. There may be 7.3 update RPMs from RedHat for some of those, but
some of them are RPMs from others (curl) or are 7.2 updates only that
work fine on 7.3 (libgcc).

I am now including libcurl inside the binaries, so that can be excluded
from the list of stuff to worry about for binary users.

> > libgcc-3.0.4-1.i386.rpm
> > libstdc++3-3.0.4-1.i386.rpm
> > apache-1.3.23-14.i386.rpm
>
> Now, I'll believe that the Apache and OpenSSL rpm's are really "just
> get yourself current" -- ?

Yes, looking now, there are distinct apache update RPMs for 7.2 and 7.3,
but neither distro comes with the latest code.

> -- and do we really think its any OpenSSL version of 0.9.6? (with
> Solaris, we're requiring 0.9.6g specifically...)

Again, this is where Linux versions from RH cause more confusion. They
retro-patched an older 0.9.6 release in their RPMs. Both 7.2 and 7.3
have update RPMs to 0.9.6b-28 just to further confuse everything.

> Derek didn't do anything specifically with libcurl or libuuid, to
> get the right versions -- is this a difference between 7.2 and 7.3?

libcurl is now included, and libuuid can be ignored on Linux. It's just
there, and it doesn't change often.