shibboleth-dev - RE: target deploy guide, linux Q

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: target deploy guide, linux Q

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: RE: target deploy guide, linux Q
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:17:46 -0500

At 1:27 AM -0500 11/25/02, Scott Cantor wrote:
> Sounds like we have a short list of rpm's for 7.3 (basically the
short list from Derek's note, of last weekend, when he installed a
clean RH 7.3, and built Shib)

AFAIK, it's the same list. Nothing in 7.3 is relevantly newer.

and for RH .2 we have a longer list, probably looking like the
original list we had in the doc.....?

Can you post the list again? I don't think any of it is 7.2-specific.

-- Scott

Here's the original list (from the b17 doc):

* Apache 1.3.26+

Apache must be compiled with mod_so for DSO module support, and must include SSL support(preferably using mod_ssl), and EAPI support (which mod_ssl requires and provides). Shibboleth can coexist with mod_auth, which may be compiled or loaded into the server for use elsewhere, but Shibboleth does not need or use it.

* OpenSSL 0.9.6+
* libcurl 7.9.8 -- Shibboleth requires the SSL-enabled version of libcurl.
* libuuid 1.23
* libstdc++3-3.0.4-1.i386.rpm and libgcc-3.0.4-1.i386.rpm

Shibboleth is currently built with GCC 3, and requires these specific library versions. They are available as GCC3 RPMs for RedHat 7.2/7.3, and are available in the RedHat 7.2 updates directory on any RedHat mirror.

and here's Derek's diary:

At 5:56 PM -0500 11/16/02, Derek Atkins wrote:
I just tried installing the current linux beta distro on a clean
RH7.3 machine and it worked just fine. Here's what I did:

- boot up machine
- installed:
libgcc-3.0.4-1.i386.rpm
libstdc++3-3.0.4-1.i386.rpm
apache-1.3.23-14.i386.rpm

Now, I'll believe that the Apache and OpenSSL rpm's are really "just get yourself current" -- ?

-- and do we really think its any OpenSSL version of 0.9.6? (with Solaris, we're requiring 0.9.6g specifically...)

Derek didn't do anything specifically with libcurl or libuuid, to get the right versions -- is this a difference between 7.2 and 7.3?