shibboleth-dev - Re: target deploy guide, linux Q

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: target deploy guide, linux Q

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: target deploy guide, linux Q
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:02:20 -0500

At 12:45 PM -0500 11/24/02, Derek Atkins wrote:

writes:

The QUESTION is -- can we assume that RH7.3 comes with the correct
versions of several of these packages? (Derek didn't mention anything
about installing newer versions of openSSL, libcurl).

Yes, RH7.3 comes with the correct versions of everything (so long as
you use the most up-to-date Red Hat update package). Even RH's apache
(which is 1.3.23-XX, not "1.3.26") is sufficient.

And is libuuid coming with RH 7.3?

Yes.

> thanks!

Sounds like we have a short list of rpm's for 7.3 (basically the short list from Derek's note, of last weekend, when he installed a clean RH 7.3, and built Shib)

and for RH .2 we have a longer list, probably looking like the original list we had in the doc.....?