perfsonar-user - Re: [perf-node-users] Re: [perfsonar-user] LSRegistrationDaemon duplicate checksum lookup/host/ error

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perf-node-users] Re: [perfsonar-user] LSRegistrationDaemon duplicate checksum lookup/host/ error

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: "Lixin Liu" <>
  • Cc: , Performance Node Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [perf-node-users] Re: [perfsonar-user] LSRegistrationDaemon duplicate checksum lookup/host/ error
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 13:58:02 -0400

Hi Lixin;

Thanks for the clarification, I understand your specific question now. There
are a couple of delays, let me try to explain them:

- Delay between when the LS daemon runs on the local server, and talks to
the remote server
- Delay between when the remote server talks to a caching service (an
optimization we added - used to generate the GUI information for 'Global
Performance Services') and creates a new file for everyone to download
- Delay between when the local server downloads the latest copy of the
cached content to populate the GUI

In general the answer is that it takes a couple of hours for this all to
happen, as little as 2-3 if the timing is right, as many as 6-8 if it is
wrong. Since we know that your host is in the directory via that REST query
that was shown below, there is nothing to worry about. It will just take
some time to get into the GUI displays, and there isn't much that can be done
to speed that up.

The SElinux issue shouldn't be the root cause, but I believe we either set
this to permissive or disabled.

Thanks;

-jason

On Sep 27, 2013, at 1:40 PM, "Lixin Liu"