perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] LSRegistrationDaemon duplicate checksum lookup/host/ error

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] LSRegistrationDaemon duplicate checksum lookup/host/ error

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: "Lixin Liu" <>
  • Cc: , Performance Node Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] LSRegistrationDaemon duplicate checksum lookup/host/ error
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 09:17:27 -0400

Hi Lixin;

In looking at the logs, we don't see anything out of the ordinary, the
'duplicate' message you see is actually just unfortunate wording on our part
- it means 'renew' the registration instead of making a new one. Since you
noted you changed DNS/IP, it may be an issue of a stake cache. Try the
following steps:

> sudo /etc/init.d/ls_registration_daemon stop
> /var/lib/perfsonar/ls_registration_daemon/lsKey.db
> sudo /etc/init.d/ls_registration_daemon start

This will stop the service, delete the local db, and then start it all over.
After a couple of hours the information should show up, or at a minimum the
logs will let us know if there is something else locally bad that is going
on.

As an aside, it appears that your NTP is not configured, some of the tools
may not work until that is fixed. You may want to run the NTP configuration
script again.

Thanks;

-jason

On Sep 26, 2013, at 3:43 PM, "Lixin Liu"