mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Need XMLObject in assertion, I believe

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Need XMLObject in assertion, I believe

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Need XMLObject in assertion, I believe
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:07:58 -0400

On 4/21/2010 5:37 PM, Jason Countryman wrote:
Thank you guys so much.  I didn't understand the XSAny at all.  That makes all the difference in the world.

For the record, we really need to cover some of that stuff much better in the docs.  The wiki page below will at some point be reworked into a discussion of how OpenSAML handles various aspects of "extensibility" in SAML, including:

* support for elements with content models that use xs:any and/or xs:anyAttribute wildcards
* support for the xs:anyType schema type
* type derivation via xsi:type
* how the XSAny provider is used for various use cases, with examples

Based on questions on the users list over the years, these sorts of things seem to always trip people up.

That example was a spectacular help.  Definitely find a place on the wiki for it.  It would have saved me tons of time.

I actually just added it as-is to the page with the AttributeValue example:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUsrManJavaAnyTypes

Let me know if you have a problem with the specific example data appearing there and I can change to be more generic.  Although it looks like a fed govt HHS thing.   Just curious: Is that part of a published HHS SAML attribute profile or something?