mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] Need XMLObject in assertion, I believe

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] Need XMLObject in assertion, I believe

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] Need XMLObject in assertion, I believe
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:36:37 -0400

> I'm sorry if this is coming off as disrespectful. It's not my intent. I'm
> just trying to jump into an already existing project and add a few things.

My response wasn't anything other than an answer to your question. What
you're interpreting as annoyance is me posting the tersest amount of
information I can to answer the question, becaue that's how I answer as many
emails as I do and still get work done.

> But I'm getting a null pointer at the first getDOM(). I tried marshalling
> it first as well, but that didn't work either.

Marshalling it should change what getDOM returns, but that aside, you
wouldn't add them as DOM attributes, there has to be an interface on the
XMLObject for dealing with the XML attributes directly. In C++ it's
AttributeExtensibleXMLObject, but I don't know what it is in Java. The sample
Brent sent should answer that question.

I think if you use XSString you probably wouldn't get what you need. XSAny is
the catch all and should allow adding of attributes.