mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] ComponentSpace and OpenSAML digest compatibility

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] ComponentSpace and OpenSAML digest compatibility

  • From: Paul Hethmon <>
  • To: OpenSAML List <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] ComponentSpace and OpenSAML digest compatibility
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:24:14 -0400

Title: Re: [OpenSAML] ComponentSpace and OpenSAML digest compatibility
On 6/15/09 1:26 PM, "Craig Setera" <> wrote:

I've managed to generate a SAML assertion using essentially the same code that our partner is using, written directly to the file system (Base64 encoded).  This assertion fails to validate in OpenSAML (1.1 still) in the same way (failed digest).  Is there anything that I can/should look at that might help me see the problem.  I should note that I do have OpenSAML linked up to the latest XML security library code in my environment.  It does give somewhat better diagnostics, but doesn't fix the problem.

Here’s the project I did using the OpenSAML 2 library, it may have some code that might be useful:

http://code.crt.realtors.org/projects/websso

Paul

-----
Paul Hethmon
Chief Software Architect
Clareity Security, LLC
865.824.1350 - office
865.250.3517 - mobile
www.clareitysecurity.com
-----

God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

 -- Terry Pratchett, Good Omens