mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] ComponentSpace and OpenSAML digest compatibility

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] ComponentSpace and OpenSAML digest compatibility

  • From: Craig Setera <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] ComponentSpace and OpenSAML digest compatibility
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:26:54 -0500

Any thoughts on how it might be corrupted in transit?  Looking at the
XML, it looks OK.  Would it be obvious?

No, not unless you have a trained eye, and even then it's just guesswork.

I've managed to generate a SAML assertion using essentially the same code that our partner is using, written directly to the file system (Base64 encoded).  This assertion fails to validate in OpenSAML (1.1 still) in the same way (failed digest).  Is there anything that I can/should look at that might help me see the problem.  I should note that I do have OpenSAML linked up to the latest XML security library code in my environment.  It does give somewhat better diagnostics, but doesn't fix the problem.

With this generation in place, I can now access pre and post signed assertion XML and the same on the OpenSAML side.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Craig

PS - Now that I can generate what I need, I'm going to try to build out around OpenSAML as my next step.