mace-opensaml-users - ComponentSpace and OpenSAML digest compatibility

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

ComponentSpace and OpenSAML digest compatibility

  • From: Craig Setera <>
  • To:
  • Subject: ComponentSpace and OpenSAML digest compatibility
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:54:34 -0500

Hello all,

We are working with a customer using the ComponentSpace .Net componentry to generate SAML assertions (1.1) that we are attempting to process on our server using OpenSAML version 1.1. Unfortunately, we can't seem to get the message digests to match and it is unclear what might be going on. I've hacked around in the OpenSAML code to override the tests for clock skew and dates to be able to get to the point where I am at this point. Unfortunately, I can't figure out what might be different or even how to proceed to figure that out.

Can anyone offer any insights or ideas on how I might proceed to figure this out? Has anyone dealt with interoperability between ComponentSpace and OpenSAML that might have some thoughts?

Thanks for any ideas.

Craig