mace-opensaml-users - Re: Regarding SAML

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Regarding SAML

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To: poonam Agrawal <>,
  • Subject: Re: Regarding SAML
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 16:12:22 -0400

You'll have to be more specific as to what you mean - "validate SAML 1.1
response" is a little vague. However, assuming you mean a SAML 1.1 Web
SSO Profile response, the conceptual things you need to do are in the
spec documents. If you asking how you accomplish those things with
OpenSAML - you'll have to ask specific questions about what you don't
understand vis-a-vis implementing the spec. We don't have any general
cookbook.

Someone contributed some partial and very high-level example code for an
SP for SAML 2. The code for a SAML 1 response would be similar.

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUserManualPsedocodeSP

poonam Agrawal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on openSAML. I want to validate SAML1.1 response. I'm not
> getting any clear picture how to do the same.
>
> Can you please help me in achieving the same or give me any reference
> where I can find some hint?
>
> Thanks in advance.

  • Re: Regarding SAML, Brent Putman, 06/02/2009