mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] ComponentSpace and OpenSAML digest compatibility

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] ComponentSpace and OpenSAML digest compatibility

  • From: Anil Saldhana <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] ComponentSpace and OpenSAML digest compatibility
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:31:27 -0500

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Scott Cantor <> wrote:
Craig Setera wrote on 2009-06-16:
> Following up... I've managed to get something hacked together based on
> OpenSAML 2.  It *seems* to work.  I need to do more digging and testing
> to be certain.  I still don't understand why it would work since the
> failure was way down in xmlsecurity, but I won't argue too much as long
> as it *does* work.

None of the relying party oriented code in the old library was used or
tested by anybody involved in writing it, so it's not entirely hard to
believe.

> Can anyone comment on the issues with requiring particular parsers and
> versions to be endorsed?

I don't personally have any current knowledge of what the bugs are anymore,
whether any have been fixed, etc. In the old days it was as simple as no
DOM3 support, but that's not the problem now.

> I'm a bit concerned about how I would roll
> that out to remote customer machines.  I'm not sure if it makes a
> difference, but this will all be hosted inside of JBoss 4.5 app server.

AFAIK, anything that's not open source is a bitch and a half, but JBoss is
doable I think.

-- Scott
JBoss is totally doable except that it has not released 4.5.  Released: 4.0, 4.2, 5.0, 5.1.
Scott, agree on the b1/2 aspect of non-oss.