grouper-users - RE: RE: [grouper-users] Stems and Group Members

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: RE: [grouper-users] Stems and Group Members

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Richard James <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: RE: [grouper-users] Stems and Group Members
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:00:24 -0400

> One area which interests me is the grouperLoaderGroupQuery, can this be
> used to create groups from say an export of a department structure? I
> haven't had a chance to look at this properly yet, but I just really
> want to know what its main purpose is?

Yes, the grouperLoaderGroupQuery is one query that can do multiple groups
from one query... so the org structure is a good example of this. Loris, did
you already post some examples of what you have working? Or do you have
suggestions for this?

At penn we are generating groups for all our orgs in one folder... it might
be better to organize a bit better so we don't have a folder with 500 org
groups (currently we do :) ). I have a group query:

select subject_id, group_name from EMPLOYEE_ORG_GROUPS_V

Which links up people with their org(s)...

A confusing thing is we have empty orgs, but people want to make groups with
those as members since they could have members at some point. So I menually
created those empty groups as placeholders. Also, there is an orphan cleaner
in grouperLoader (which we aren't using, but will at some point) do delete
invalid (and empty) groups...

Regards,
Chris