grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Stems and Group Members

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Stems and Group Members

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>, Richard James <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Stems and Group Members
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:36:24 -0500

Chris Hyzer wrote:
Isn't it that case that "grouperLoaderQuery" actually creates multiple
groups, whereas "grouperLoaderGroupQuery" just allows the display name
to be set?

Ah yes, you are right.

At first reading I thought I should also try something like that, since
being able to use a single select like that is quite elegant. However,
I am also keen to keep the hierarchy, rather than having all the groups
in one folder.

Chris, would it be feasible to tweak Grouper so that it can make an org
structure pop into existence as a hierarchy of folders, given a table
containing org_id and parent_org_id information? Looks like it might be
a useful feature for Penn ;-)

We could consider that at some point... so you would want an org to
be a folder and a group inside right? And if an org has a parent,
put it in its folder... hmmm

+1 on that feature request. A "bushy" form in addition to the "flat" form. Sometimes you want one, sometimes the other.

Also, an org folder might contain two groups: the people at that node in the org hierarchy, and a rollup group of all people at a subordinate node in the hierarchy. That one probably just consists of subgroups, no direct non-group Subjects.

Tom