grouper-users - Re: Re: [grouper-users] Stems and Group Members

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: Re: [grouper-users] Stems and Group Members

  • From: "Dr. Loris Bennett" <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Re: [grouper-users] Stems and Group Members
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 09:47:05 +0100

Hi Richard and everyone else,

Here are some details about how I have gone about things ...

1. I have written a client which reads the org structure out of our HR
database
and creates a folder for each unit in the hiearchy. Additionally it
fills a
table I have added to the Grouper database which just constains
subject ID
and the name of the groups that the subject belongs to, e.g.

ncl:cs:auto 123456
ncl:cs:iss:auto 123457
ncl:cs:iss:middleware:auto 123458
ncl:cs:iss:middleware:auto 123459
ncl:cs:iss:middleware:auto 123460

(I call my SOR groups 'auto')

2. I then set up a grouper loader group at the top of my hierarchy to
create these groups
automatically by setting the following attributes

grouperLoaderQuery: select group_name, subject_id from
my_auto_groups

grouperLoaderGroupQuery: select name as group_name, display_name
as group_display_name, description as group_description from
grouper_groups_v

The first query determines the members of the groups. The second
sets the display name for the group, but will only work if the
groups have already been created with the corresponding display
name information (my client does this).

3. To create the 'all' groups is set up another loader group and set
grouperLoaderQuery to

select gs.name || ':all' as group_name, ggv.group_id as
subject_id, ggv.group_name as sub_group_name from grouper_stems
gs, grouper_groups_v ggv where gs.name like
'my:toplevel:stem:%' and ggv.group_name like gs.name || '%auto'
and exists (select 1 from grouper_stems gs2 where gs2.name like
gs.name|| ':%')

where 'my:toplevel:stem' could be just 'ncl'. In my case is something
like

sources:source1

The display name can be set as in step 3 (I still need to tweak my
client to do this).

4. To get the groups filled you have to run the loader like this:

bin/gsh.sh -loader

I would be interested if anyone has any comments on this approach.

Cheers

Loris

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 10:19 -0500,

--