grouper-users - Re: Re: [grouper-users] Stems and Group Members

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: Re: [grouper-users] Stems and Group Members

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Re: [grouper-users] Stems and Group Members
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 12:21:59 -0400 (EDT)

I would also express my interest in this feature. We now have a hierarchy set
up within Grouper for the University, the way we have done it is by having a
folder for each school/faculty, then within this folder have an individual
group for each of the departments within the school, so for ISS it's similar
to the below;

Newcastle University (Parent Stem)

The initial set up of this was quite painful at times, so I think as Loris
has suggested, if you were able to give a table of the org_id and
parent_org_id to create the initial hierarchy of folders it would be a very
useful feature.

Regards

Richard