grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Hello from Duke

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Hello from Duke

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Hello from Duke
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:06:07 -0400

Tom Barton wrote:

Shilen Patel wrote:
On the new database server, searching for something like ZZZZZZZZ takes about a second. However, other searches that have results before the UI filters them all out still take a very long time (a few minutes in some cases) if what I'm searching for is part of the stem of thousands of groups.

v1.2.0-rc4 contains an index on grouper_stems.parent_stem that was absent in earlier releases. I wonder if that would make a difference.

The above results were based on v1.2.0-rc4 with that index.

-- Shilen