grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Hello from Duke

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Hello from Duke

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Hello from Duke
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:18:01 -0400

All I did was the following to get the results that I sent you.

1. Log into the Grouper UI.
2. Start CPU profiling with YourKit.
3. Click on "Manage Groups" in the UI.
4. Waited for the page to load.
5. Stop CPU profiling with YourKit.

-- Shilen

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing wrote:
Strange. I've attached the Eclipse debugger to Tomcat running the Grouper UI and when I 'Manage groups' I only enter:
PrepareRepositoryBrowserStemsAction.grouperExecute

once although your YourKit output suggests 6 invocations.

On the other hand:

LoginCheckFilter.doFilter

has one invocation which is correct.

What steps did you use with YourKit?

Gary

--On 16 July 2007 11:20 -0400 Shilen Patel

With a person with few privileges, each call takes .1 seconds or less
using the API directly. Based off of results from YourKit, those methods
are being called 6 times though. I've attached the method calls, time
per method, and invocation count for this operation in the UI.

Thanks,

-- Shilen

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing wrote:

--On 14 July 2007 09:12 -0400

wrote:

After my index modifications, I'm not having problems with My
Memberships.
Good to hear.

Manage Groups for somebody with a few privileges takes about 14 seconds.
That seems very slow. The UI calls:

member.hasAdmin();
member.hasUpdate();
member.hasStem();
member.hasCreate();

however, each call should be quick for someone with few privileges
unless there is still a database index problem. I`d be interested to
know how long each call takes for a subject with few privileges.
For
the TA Admins, it takes several minutes.