grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Hello from Duke

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Hello from Duke

  • From:
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Hello from Duke
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 09:12:47 -0400

Quoting "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing"
<>:

--On 08 July 2007 12:30 -0400 Shilen Patel

1. Navigating through the stems viewable in the "My Memberships"
section
in the UI takes about 2-3 seconds per page.
This seems slow. how many groups are average individuals a member of?

Usually around 2-5 for employees and 10-20 for students. We've made some
modifications to the indexes that appear to significantly help on this.
I'm going to test these changes on a new database server so I can verify
the problem was not caused by our old database server.
I`m not sure if I missed a follow up on this. Are you still getting slow page returns for My Memberships?

Also, if a user with few manage privileges goes to the Manage Groups tab is that slow or is it just an issue for the TA Admins?

Thanks,

Gary

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing

After my index modifications, I'm not having problems with My Memberships.

Manage Groups for somebody with a few privileges takes about 14 seconds. For
the TA Admins, it takes several minutes.

Thanks

-- Shilen