wg-multicast - Re: Proposed MSDP filtering changes on Abilene

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Proposed MSDP filtering changes on Abilene

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To: Matthew Davy <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Proposed MSDP filtering changes on Abilene
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 18:11:09 -0400

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 12:11:16PM -0400, Matthew Davy wrote:
> Before we implement these changes, we would like to get feedback from
> the community on whether this is the right set of MSDP filters for
> the Abilene backbone. Are there groups that are included that
> should not be ? Are there groups that should be added to this list ?

What's the goal? I can think of a few possibilities:

- protect the Abilene backbone equipment
- protect Abilene connectors from each other and/or peer networks
- protect Abilene peer networks from all us nasty connectors ;)
- protect Abilene connectors from themselves (stop leakage of groups that
should really be local)

Depending on what we're aiming for, I think that different choices will apply.

Bill.