wg-multicast - Re: My question

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: My question

  • From: Greg Shepherd <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: My question
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:53:45 -0700 (PDT)

> Auto-RP -- cisco specific requires PIM sparse-dense within a PIM domain

Other vendors support Auto-RP - we just don't recommend using.

> BSR -- not cisco specific allows for PIM sparse within a PIM domain
> Anycast RP -- not cisco specific but requires MSDP between RPs

Static RP mapping is prefered. Your RP address should not change - though
it may move to a different router, or expand to other routers in an
AnycastRP config. Set it once staticly and you're done - no additional
mechanism to debug.

Greg