shibboleth-dev - SuSE "rundown"?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

SuSE "rundown"?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: SuSE "rundown"?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 14:19:16 -0400

In preparation for possibly including one or more SuSE platforms as an
official package set for the SP, I would appreciate if somebody out there
(or somebodies) would give me a rundown on what the "landscape" is for this
variant, so that I can properly judge what I should spend the time on.

e.g. if one was doing this for Red Hat, the most relevant details would be
that there's only one "source" for the distribution, with some free clones
(CentOS), three major versions still under support (3,4,5), and a
non-supported track (Fedora) that's beyond the official releases.

(I've literally never touched SuSE before, so that's why I'm asking.)