shibboleth-dev - RE: SAML name identifiers

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: SAML name identifiers

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: SAML name identifiers
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:35:06 -0500

> Actually, the requested enhancement consists of three parts:
>
> 1. Add a default domain to the IdP config
> 2. Modify the protocol handler to accept domain override from
> the deployment
> 3. Add placeholder %DOMAIN% in addition to %PRINCIPAL%

I don't think any of us intend to enhance 1.3 to do this, if that's what you
had in mind. Again, we can't keep hacking on frozen code while we're busy
building a new release.

I think the domain default thing is probably something we would want to do
for 2.0 to reduce duplication of settings, though.

But 2.0 could include other changes to APIs and design that render this
proposal merely an input proposal, not a final solution.