shibboleth-dev - Re: SAML name identifiers

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: SAML name identifiers

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SAML name identifiers
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:09:22 -0500

On 3/6/06, Scott Cantor

> > type="Principal"/>
>
> But I probably wouldn't hard-map it to something named Principal, of course.

Well, my extension can't override NameMapper anyway, but in general
why not use type="Principal"? Every instance of this new class relies
on the %PRINCIPAL% placeholder to construct the name identifier, so in
that sense the type value is appropriate. Moreover, using the old
syntax essentially replaces the current PrincipalNameIdentifier with
the new class, which I still think is a good idea.

Regardless, I'll leave that decision up to you. What I'll do is
provide a new class PrincipalNameIdentifierMapping that inherits from
BaseNameIdentifierMapping as described. We'll go from there.

Tom