shibboleth-dev - Re: SAML name identifiers

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: SAML name identifiers

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SAML name identifiers
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 18:49:58 -0500

On 3/5/06, Scott Cantor

> > The bottom line is: we need an implementation of ePTID in 1.3 that is
> > wholly compatible with persistent name identifiers in 2.0.
>
> Well, no. We just need reasonable implementations for both code bases. I
> don't see why it matters if they're the same or not, although I don't see
> why they couldn't be.

Okay, so we'll wait and see how you implement persistent identifiers
before we try to add anything on top of 1.3. Btw, have you settled on
a persistence mechanism for 2.0? We were looking at derby but now I
see grouper is using hibernate + hsqldb so I'm not so sure any more.
What are you gonna use?

Tom