shibboleth-dev - Re: SAML name identifiers

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: SAML name identifiers

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SAML name identifiers
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 14:13:37 -0500

On 3/2/06, Scott Cantor

> In fact, I would say that what's needed is to *extend* the principal mapper
> with the ability to create and consume the username based on a pattern, and
> specify the Format attribute you want. Then you can cover things like
> internal use, emailAddress, DN, etc. with one plugin.

So let me see if I understand what you're saying. You want to extend
BaseNameIdentifierMapping with an abstract class that consolidates
PrincipalNameIdentifier, X509SubjectNameNameIdentifierMapping,
EmailAddressNameIdentifierMapping. This abstract class would support
a generalized template/pattern mechanism similar to what
X509SubjectNameNameIdentifierMapping does now. Then any
implementation of a SAML name identifier (except perhaps transient and
persistent) would be a simple extension of this abstract class.

Is this what you're suggesting?

Tom