shibboleth-dev - RE: opensaml.jar

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: opensaml.jar

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: opensaml.jar
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:53:55 -0400

> The teaser is this. Tim Freeman at Argonne has written a general
> purpose AA tester that we want to bundle with GridShib. The tester
> requires OpenSAML and as luck would have it, it relies on one of the
> few OpenSAML classes that needs the servlet.jar. So can the install
> process copy the latter into ${idp.home}/lib?

Probably the future answer would be to factor the interface in question into
client and server halves so that clients wouldn't need access to the
server-side interfaces.

I'm guessing that's the source of the problem, I can't think of any other
reason a client-side function would run into one of those classes.