shibboleth-dev - RE: Shib 1.3 configuration

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Shib 1.3 configuration

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Tom Scavo'" <>, "'Nate Klingenstein'" <>
  • Cc: "'Steven Carmody'" <>, "'Shibboleth Development'" <>
  • Subject: RE: Shib 1.3 configuration
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:58:38 -0400

> Really, the base distribution should have little (if any)
> connections to InQueue or any other supporting sites out
> there in cyberspace. It should stand alone. It should

I think your expectations are unrealistic and at odds with 90% of the people
that have been testing the software, since almost nobody tries both pieces
unless they plan to deploy it internally. I don't believe the Java SP will
change this unless we include both in one package, which we've not committed
to doing yet.

But anyway, this reminds me that the default WAYF pointer out of the box was
still InQueue. I added a new default initiator that points at
https://idp.example.org

I will add the ability post-beta to just put a providerId in the SP config
instead of having to hardcode the SSO service.